I originally got this in an email sent by a dear friend from Saddleback Church. I see it making its way to people’s blogs. It’s definitely worth repeating. I’ve added a few of my thankful thoughts at the end.
I am thankful:
- For the wife who says it’s hot dogs tonight,
because she is home with me, and not out with someone else.
- For the husband who is on the sofa being a couch potato,
because he is home with me and not out at the bars.
- For the teenager who is complaining about doing dishes,
because it means she is at home, not on the streets.
- For the taxes I pay,
because it means I am employed.
- For the mess to clean after a party,
because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
- For the clothes that fit a little too snug,
because it means I have enough to eat.
- For my shadow that watches me work,
because it means I am out in the sunshine.
- For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing,
because it means I have a home.
- For all the complaining I hear about the government,
because it means we have freedom of speech.
- For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot,
because it means I am capable of walking and I have been blessed with transportation.
- For my huge heating bill,
because it means I am warm.
- For the lady behind me in church who sings off key,
because it means I can hear.
- For the pile of laundry and ironing,
because it means I have clothes to wear.
- For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day,
because it means I have been capable of working hard.
- For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours,
because it means I am alive.
- For the crazy people I work with,
because they make work interesting and fun!
- For too much e-mail,
because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.
- For staying up late working from home,
because of the modern technology that makes it possible.
- For a boss who asks me to go to the office even though I’m tired in the morning,
because it means I have a job and I’m still needed by the team.
- For the lack of fringe benefits by the company,
because they are trying to cut cost, so they can still retain me and my co-workers.
What are you thankful for?Photo Credit: EmptyBelly