- We’re not in economic recession because GDP is up in the positive (+0.6%). But, some will argue it’s too early to tell.
- GPS Tracking System: how does it work? The more common use is to track pets via GPS, but it requires a GSM modem or some sort of radio transmitter to relay location info.
- I plan on doing production support while on vacation in Indonesia. Painful to do over 33.6 Kbps modem. Need the expensive broadband.
- Hepatitis B shot is still required for travel to some Asian countries. Travelers to developing countries should be given a malaria vaccine instead.
- REI has a bicycle tour of Vietnam.
- The argument was: to live longer, we should eat less meat, protein, and peanut butter. Peanut butter? It was said peanut butter uses “bad peanuts” containing toxins bad for the body. It was also said this is why rich folks in developing/poor countries die sooner because those who are poor can’t afford to buy peanut butter.